Sunday, August 12, 2012

Clean meal

Fresh Tuna Patties

So I could eat Asian inspired food everyday!!!!!!!   There is something so clean and light about rice and vegetables...I think they have some secret insight into the fountain of life we should consider ;)

So I forgot to put meat out to defrost before I went to work today...hhhmmmm I thought what could I make in a pinch...my husband starving...we needed something quick!!!

First invest in a rice cooker! It will be one of the best investments you every make.  Second keep rice, tuna and veggies on hand!

1.  Take some yummy jasmine rice or brown rice or whatever kind you like and get the rice cooker fired up.

2.  Next grab two packets of White Albacore (most desirable...but if all you have is Chunk light...that will be fine)

3.  Put a dash of Teriyaki sauce (I use homemade a recipe I got from a super awesome friend), garlic powder, pepper, chopped green onion (I didn't have but I would make it spectacular), sesame seeds or ground peanuts, some ground flax, a dash of corn meal and a beaten egg.

4.  Mix all together form into patties and throw on to a warm skillet...cook until golden brown on each side and minimal liquid is pressed out...

5.  Boil some water and prep your favorite green (I chose broccoli tonight, but green beans, snow peas, zucchini, asparagus, or a combo of all)...lightly steam the veggies

6.  By now the rice should be done and everything is ready to plate....

There you have it a quick clean meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment