Monday, August 13, 2012

Tired of the GYM...Get your workout in on your time...any where!

Don't have time to work out?  Just give me 20 minutes!

So as I am finding each year that my life goes on and things continuously change I find that working out seems to be less and less of a priority...but I try to remind myself that even though my used to be 2 hour marathon workouts aren't realistic or necessary...I still need to get up and move a little each day.

So I've come up with some home equipment that you can purchase at little to no cost (you can get it all at your local Walmart, Target or my fav...Amazon...)


*An exercise mat $10 - $15
*A jump rope $6.99
*Resistance bands...(the ones like your get from the physical therapist or the tubing) $10
*And snag your kids watch...or grab your own Ironman Timex...you can get one for $10 up too hundreds...or save up for a Gymboss (can get at Amazon.com) its an interval timer (my fav...they come in hot pink too!)

So instead of spending that $30 on waste of money fat burner or body wrap...or tanning (which is one of my vices...but so not good for you...I've been tanning bed free for almost 18 months)...buy yourself an at home workout set!  And if you move your workout outside...you get natures truly natural glow :)...Plus all the added benefits of fresh air and movement...increased mood, increase metabolism, peace of mind, stress relief, personal time...you name it!

So here is what I did today...Walked down my street to the local Sportzplatz (German for soccer and tennis club) ... marked off three lines on a straight road, brought my exercise mat, interval timer, and resistance band with me...I set up my little exercise station next to the road where I marked my interval lines...now...back to high school gym class...I ran 6 rounds (I'll post 4 ... you get the idea) of suicides for 90 sec then 10 sec rest and 6 rounds of some kind of exercise (rotating running then exercise and so on and so forth)

Round 1

90 sec suicide
10 sec rest
90 sec standing shoulder press w/ band (put the band underneath your one of your feet and grab one side of the band with each hand making a fist and press toward the sky)  switch feet halfway through
10 sec rest
90 sec suicide
10 sec rest
90 sec walking lunges
10 sec rest
90 sec standing punch (squat slightly band around your back shoulder blade area, band comes around into each of your hand and punch alternating hands)
10 sec rest
90 sec suicide
10 sec rest
90 sec supine bicycle
10 sec rest
90 sec suicide
10 sec rest
90 sec up-down-goes (ask your pee-wee football player ;)) when your up punch
10 sec rest
90 sec front kick stretch arms down in front like your breaking a stick over your leg (alternate legs)
10 sec rest
90 sec mountain climbers

After 90 sec...I did 60 seconds then 30 seconds...during my 30 second intervals instead of running I did jumping jacks....your could do high knees, jump rope...whatever you want...If 90 sec is too much start with 60 sec or 30 sec...make it fit you...

Also check out Kiya Knight Weightless workouts on Youtube or kiyaknight.com and bodyrock.tv!  Also try to dig out those old high school calisthenics...they're a classic!  Alternate resistance days like this with 20 minutes of power walking (must be a good workout...did you checkout the Olympic power walkers...good shape!!!!) or some kind of cardio!  Be creative...I'll be trying to post a variety of such workouts to get your fitness creative juices flowing...also some more of my recent favorite websites...

rainbeaumars.com, and checkout STOTT pilates...Amazon is great for at home workout equipment...but don't discount old-fashioned body weight!

Be healthy :)

P.S.  If you only have 20 mins...just do the 60 sec iteration or just the 90 sec...if you start at 90 sec and move down to 30 sec the workout will be more like 40 min...

No comments:

Post a Comment