Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Baby "Wait"

You are not ALONE!

I have degrees and certifications that give me all of the tools I need and more to be right back to preferred size.  BUT baby weight is a "wait".  If your nursing the weight will take longer to come off (CONTRARY to popular belief). YES, you lose the initial weight faster because the hormones that are release during lactation help return the uterus to its normal size.  Once that's done, you'll most likely be at a weight loss stalemate.  YUCK!

BUT, all you can do is accept it.  This reality has been hard for me.  You can reduce calorie intake quite a bit, but you must remember that your body is producing food for another person.   Even for those that are not nursing, remember that it took 9 months to put the weight on, SO it could take 9 months to take the weight off.  Just remind yourself that slow steady weight loss is permanent weight loss.  Weight loss is a journey not just a quick trip.

This weight loss has been one of the hardest weight loss experiences that I have had.  My rule of thumb is to try to not become fixated on a number, but rather how you look in the mirror.  This is easier said than done, YES, even for me.  I'm not a super skinny girl to begin with, so this journey has been, and is right now at this moment, a difficult journey for me.  Not to mention the pressure of not having seen my husband for 9 months (he's been in Afghanistan serving our country).  So I'll share with you what all the "old pros" (shout out to Mom) have been telling me, "take it easy on yourself, you just had a baby".  I mean seriously, think about it.  Your body just made a human being!  And is feeding one!  CRAZY!

So…when tackling the baby weight, remember it will be a WAIT.  Set realistic goals, don't compare yourself to others, eat healthfully, drink water, and try to be active (I don't mean hours at the gym, just plop the little one in the stroller and get out for a bit).

Live well


No comments:

Post a Comment