Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Place Where Time Stops

So...I have enrolled in the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN). I began my first round of classes to becoming certified licensed health coach (can't wait to help all of you even more).  I have been listening to the lectures and have continued to feel so enlightened.

Today the snow began again here in Germany...but I didn't let it stop me...there is something so peaceful about the snow...the world is quiet as if you can hear each snowflake dropping to the ground.  The white is so pure, so untouched.  I took my favorite forest trail into a place where the time seems to stop.  And I did just that on my morning run.  I stopped in the middle of a small logging road and took a big look at the serenity.  The trees are miles high and for about the first half of the trunk from the ground there are no branches and then the branches begin to jut out.  The pine needles heavy with the fresh snow.  And the world seems to stop in that moment.  The outside is so quiet, the green so green and the white so white.  Every snowflake is falling in slow motion and the air is crisp and I forget the muddles of everyday life for just a minute.  That rejuvenating minute is all I need.  I return home warm with the love of the Earth, my lungs clear and fresh from the new air...inspired, loved...

Try to find a place like this for yourself...even if its 5 minutes of meditation in your quiet room.  You can find this place in your mind...I challenge you to find a special place in nature near your home...perhaps its your kitchen for you joy of cooking...or your garden...Tell me what you come up with...

Live well!

No comments:

Post a Comment