Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Effects of Mindful Eating

So...I tote my lunch box to work everyday religiously.  Often people ask me...wow that takes so much extra time...I can't believe you do that...why do you do that?  Upon this conversation initiation I often begin to share tidbits of information...usually not always wanted or receptive by the other party...but they asked so I tell.

One of these many people came to me a few weeks ago and told me that he had seen a show on the television that talked about eating less processed food, eating more veggie based diets and eating local or organic.  He said that he felt like this was speaking to him...and that he was totally captivated by this information...that it made sense...and that he was confused as to why very few people actually live their lives this way.

Today I heard from him again.  He said that over the few weeks he has lost almost 10 pounds just cutting out junk!  Getting rid of white sugar, soda, and empty carbs like potato chips etc and was eating more veggies, drinking tons of water and participating in a regular exercise regimen.  He said that he hasn't been this thin since high school.  He also said that his brain feels so much more clear.  That he has been taking some college courses and that he is retaining the information so much better now...he can see the words from the text in his brain, that he doesn't feel tired after work, and that he is sleeping better!

So what have been telling you...

Live well!


No comments:

Post a Comment